Oct. 4, 2017 pic added

Share your latest adventure in Yellowstone.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

lah

Oct. 4, 2017 pic added

Post by lah »

My first day of a short trip. I missed the Wapiti pack on a carcass west of Canyon. Went over Dunraven for my first time this year, but I didn't see anything. Went west to Phantom Lake with no success, so I turned back east. A few young bighorns at the picnic area, one of which only had one horn with just a stub on the other side. Drove to Silver Gate and stopped at Stop the Car, where I heard that 755M was probably seen with a pack outside the park. Apparently Rick M. said that it's possible someone saw 755 recently. Stopped in to see Jenn and Max and Taz for a few minutes. Went back west and found a crowd at Elk Creek. A cinnamon mom and two cubs was in the trees south of the road. RikWriter was there, and we saw just very quick glimpses of the mom's back. I was told the weather was getting bad on Dunraven, so I headed back south, and it was snowing pretty good up there. I think there was a black bear being seen from the bridge at Tower Creek. People were taking pictures, and I thought I saw a bear very quickly.
I guess Photobucket will no longer let me share photos with Y-net, and I don't know how to do it with Flickr, but today's picture wasn't great anyway.
Last edited by lah on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike W.

Re: Oct. 4, 2017

Post by Mike W. »

Sounds like a good day. On pics, yeah, Photobucket now wants $400 a year or something to be able to share your pictures.

I have no idea how long it will last, but I've had good luck with both https://imgur.com/ and http://postimages.org/ for hosting pictures. You probably get what you pay for, but they're free and simple and I've had good luck with both for several years now.

mdtrot

Post by mdtrot »

lah wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:26 pm
My first day of a short trip. I missed the Wapiti pack on a carcass west of Canyon. Went over Dunraven for my first time this year, but I didn't see anything. Went west to Phantom Lake with no success, so I turned back east. A few young bighorns at the picnic area, one of which only had one horn with just a stub on the other side. Drove to Silver Gate and stopped at Stop the Car, where I heard that 755M was probably seen with a pack outside the park. Apparently Rick M. said that it's possible someone saw 755 recently. Stopped in to see Jenn and Max and Taz for a few minutes. Went back west and found a crowd at Elk Creek. A cinnamon mom and two cubs was in the trees south of the road. RikWriter was there, and we saw just very quick glimpses of the mom's back. I was told the weather was getting bad on Dunraven, so I headed back south, and it was snowing pretty good up there. I think there was a black bear being seen from the bridge at Tower Creek. People were taking pictures, and I thought I saw a bear very quickly.
I guess Photobucket will no longer let me share photos with Y-net, and I don't know how to do it with Flickr, but today's picture wasn't great anyway.
Yes, you can share pics from Flickr, and it's pretty easy. You just click the "share" arrow to the lower right of the picture and that will bring up a box from which you can select the BBCode option. Just copy the link and insert in a post here.

ImageDSC_0291 by MDTshots, on Flickr

lah

Post by lah »

Thanks, Mike and MD.
Will have to try the others because I'm not paying Photobucket.

lah

Post by lah »

The one-horned bighorn.
ImageOne-horned bighorn 10-4-2017 by Linda Hamilton, on Flickr

lah

Re: Oct. 4, 2017 pic added

Post by lah »

Thanks, MD. The Flickr thing worked.

Stonebridge

Post by Stonebridge »

I am heading to the park on Monday. I look forward to doing some hiking and provide some updates on both YNP and GTNP.

lah

Post by lah »

Stonenridge, hope you have a wonderful time and see lots and lots.

Stonebridge

Post by Stonebridge »

Thank you! I have some interesting hikes planned so if anyone is interested in joining me please contact over the weekend.