Automated Trolly Service

Post and read news about Yellowstone.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Mike

Automated Trolly Service

Post by Mike »

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/manageme ... -pilot.htm

Starting in May of this year the NPS will be running a limited pilot test of a automated electric trolly around Canyon Village.Interesting concept,more needed at place such as Zion or Yosemite Valley in my humble opinion.

RikWriter

Re: Automated Trolly Service

Post by RikWriter »

Ideally, I'd like to see a free bus service taking people from parking lots at Mammoth to other parts of the park like Old Faithful, Lake, Canyon, etc...
It would cut down on the car traffic.

mdtrot

Post by mdtrot »

RikWriter wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:30 pm
Ideally, I'd like to see a free bus service taking people from parking lots at Mammoth to other parts of the park like Old Faithful, Lake, Canyon, etc...
I'd agree with such a bus service for your garden variety tourists who just want to see those big attractions. But I sure wouldn't want to see restrictions placed on the ability for people to drive their own vehicles around the park. Most of us use our vehicles to be able to visit other areas where wildlife can be viewed. Do you think that would ever occur?

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

mdtrot wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:27 pm
RikWriter wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:30 pm
I'd agree with such a bus service for your garden variety tourists who just want to see those big attractions. But I sure wouldn't want to see restrictions placed on the ability for people to drive their own vehicles around the park. Most of us use our vehicles to be able to visit other areas where wildlife can be viewed. Do you think that would ever occur?
I think there will eventually be some sort of reservation system that will restrict how many cars can enter the park at any given hour when the gates are open, yes. They won't be able to enforce it before or after hours, and they won't be able to close the gates because people who live in Cooke City and Silver Gate need to be able to get through.