Felicia and Cub???

Post and read news about Yellowstone.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Steve

Re: Felicia and Cub???

Post by Steve »

I hope not.
I guess you read about people feeding 610 up Signal Mtn. I'm kinda touchy about bad behavior around grizzlies lately.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

Steve wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:48 pm
I hope not.
I guess you read about people feeding 610 up Signal Mtn. I'm kinda touchy about bad behavior around grizzlies lately.
I heard reports of bears being fed up there, but never heard anyone confirm it was 610.

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

I don't trust the Wyoming wildlife officials. I hope this is not a set-up for an excuse to do away with the two bears. I will be driving over the pass in about 10 days. If I see or hear anything, I'll post it.

As for 610, it is good to hear she is still with us. I had not heard anything about sightings for the last year. What I heard was 610 was in the area on Signal Mountain, but there were also some black bears. The report of bears being fed was not definitive on whether it was black or grizzly bears that were actually fed. Never know, it may have been both. Some people are just idiots.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

billandkaren wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:40 pm
I don't trust the Wyoming wildlife officials. I hope this is not a set-up for an excuse to do away with the two bears. I will be driving over the pass in about 10 days. If I see or hear anything, I'll post it.

As for 610, it is good to hear she is still with us. I had not heard anything about sightings for the last year. What I heard was 610 was in the area on Signal Mountain, but there were also some black bears. The report of bears being fed was not definitive on whether it was black or grizzly bears that were actually fed. Never know, it may have been both. Some people are just idiots.
It also might have been neither. A lot of these reports wind up being rumor.

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

Went over the pass on October 2 and didn't see the bears. However, we were hosting a small school group and when they came over on Sunday, October 6, Felicia and Pepper were digging in the snow at the pass. For most of the kids it was their first grizzly bear! They really enjoyed hearing the story about their separation and reunion. Hope they make it and the wildlife officials leave them alone.

Bill

bsinc1962

Post by bsinc1962 »

Not sure what happened to my previous post. Seems like all the messages from the last two weeks are gone. Maybe a server issue.

Anyways Felicia is out and hanging out in her usual spots. Sadly Pepper is nowhere to be seen. :(

Taken on April 24 2020

Coyote

Post by Coyote »

Yes, it was a server issue. The forums had a major problem and I had to revert to the only good database which was a couple weeks old.

Sorry for the inconvenience and lost posts.

Things are stable now.