Trip Report May 7

Share your latest adventure in Yellowstone.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

RikWriter

Trip Report May 7

Post by RikWriter »

The road through the Hayden down to Bridge Bay opened today and I went in. Waste of time, except of course that I got to meet karenandbill at Grizzly Overlook, which was very cool. Other than that, there was NOTHING there, barely even any bison. I drove all the way to the Pahaska Teepee and ate lunch, then headed back.
After getting some groceries in Gardiner, I went back to the Dorothy carcass and got a single Junction Butte wolf on it for a couple hours. Those were the only pics I took today.
Last edited by RikWriter on Fri May 07, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karenandbill

Re: Trip Report May 7

Post by karenandbill »

Glad you were able to see the wolf. We just missed a wolf as we drove out along the Madison. At least that is what people told us. It could have been as the carcass was nearby. Saw 2 grizzlies in Hayden but they were pretty far out so you didn't miss much there.

Good luck on the rest of your trip.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

karenandbill wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:10 pm
Glad you were able to see the wolf. We just missed a wolf as we drove out along the Madison. At least that is what people told us. It could have been as the carcass was nearby. Saw 2 grizzlies in Hayden but they were pretty far out so you didn't miss much there.

Good luck on the rest of your trip.
It was great meeting the two of you! Hopefully we'll run into each other again. I was going back into the Hayden in the morning, but the forecast is for snow, so I might wait until Sunday.

karenandbill

Post by karenandbill »

Rik, Great video! Thanks for sharing. Was that taken with your new camera?

Great to meet you as well. We were thinking of going to Lamar today but the weather caused us to hold off. If you go to Hayden, the bears were to the west, one before Grizzly Overlook and one after down by the restroom. That one was a half decent look. When we head back in, we'll let you know to see if our paths can cross again.

--Bill

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

karenandbill wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:02 pm
Rik, Great video! Thanks for sharing. Was that taken with your new camera?

Great to meet you as well. We were thinking of going to Lamar today but the weather caused us to hold off. If you go to Hayden, the bears were to the west, one before Grizzly Overlook and one after down by the restroom. That one was a half decent look. When we head back in, we'll let you know to see if our paths can cross again.

--Bill
That video indeed taken with the Sony.