Yellowstone to (Partially) Reopen on May 18

Share your latest adventure in Yellowstone.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Bruce

Yellowstone to (Partially) Reopen on May 18

Post by Bruce »

The National Park Service announced today that Yellowstone will partially reopen on May 18.

Only the South and East entrances will reopen at that point, and for day use only. Many services will not be available. Stay tuned.

Owner, Yellowstone.Net
Personal website, brucegourley.com

yellvet

Re: Yellowstone to (Partially) Reopen on May 18

Post by yellvet »

Thx for the info, Bruce.

mdtrot

Post by mdtrot »

Thanks for the info! I wonder what the reason is for not opening the north entrance? That's the entrance I like to use for wildlife viewing.

Never mind, I see the reason in your other post on reopening the park.

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy »

I mentioned this in another post, but I did read that the earliest the Montana entrances would open is June 1 (think it might have been the Bozeman newspaper). I'm hoping they DO open by then, as I have reservations in Gardiner at that time. If anyone hears anything else, please share! I am hoping to not have the cancel those plans, but would alter them if the entrance isn't open. SO excited that the parks are starting to reopen -- do want things to be safe, so hope everyone who goes follows guidelines and things work out. Any suggestions for other things to do if I can't get into the park from Gardiner? Any other good animal places to visit that WOULD be open? We already visit Seedskadee and have enjoyed that very quiet, not-very-visited wildlife refuge. But that's not up in the Gardiner/Yellowstone area, so would love suggestions for areas up near there where we could possible see wildlife. Thanks.