Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

DPS

Grizzly Kills Elk in Yellowstone river

Post by DPS »

RikWriter

Re: Grizzly Kills Elk in Yellowstone river

Post by RikWriter »

Damn damnety damn. I had been planning on being in the park right now, but my wife's work wouldn't give her the last two weeks of September off so we went the first two. I KNEW I wanted to be there now.

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy »

Oh my gosh -- that was amazing! That's such a big elk, and that griz got it down so quickly. Thanks for the link. Just amazing!

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy »

Oh my gosh -- that was amazing! That's such a big elk, and that griz got it down so quickly. Thanks for the link. Just amazing!

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

That grizz is 399's son from her 2011 litter BTW. Trapped and relocated after he predated cattle near the Wind River range and taken to the Shoshone Forest. Made his way into Yellowstone and to the Hayden Valley.

karenandbill

Post by karenandbill »

Thanks for posting the link. Karen said she hoped you were still in the park because your photos would be much better than ours and she wanted to see them.

The photos of the GGO are fantastic! Are you going to post any more from your trip? How about a trip report? We enjoy your posts. Thanks.

Bill and Karen

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

karenandbill wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:17 am
Thanks for posting the link. Karen said she hoped you were still in the park because your photos would be much better than ours and she wanted to see them.

The photos of the GGO are fantastic! Are you going to post any more from your trip? How about a trip report? We enjoy your posts. Thanks.

Bill and Karen
Honestly, I didn't see that much besides the owl and a couple moose. It wasn't a great trip for wildlife.

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

Wow! What incredible footage of the take down. Sadly, hubby and I have been living in isolation at our house ever since March.....no fun at all. We missed two family weddings, and, more importantly, we missed our our annual extended trip to the Park to see all our Slough Creek friends. First time I haven't gone to the Park since 1978. :cry: Many thanks to everyone for posting your trip reports. They really helped to break the boredom of being in isolation for so long. Heading south soon to see the birds and our local hummers. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pix over the winter. In the meantime, stay safe and happy travels, everyone! pj

Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

It's great and terrible. I understand predator and prey, and it's not like I'm a vegetarian, but I can't say I enjoy seeing it either. Although I admit I did click on it. Reminds me of when I was giving a mosquito abatement guy a tour of an old abandoned hospital I was responsible for. Saw a pigeon and hawk together. I thought to myself I didn't think they played well together. Passed by that courtyard a few minutes later and the hawk was having lunch, which was the pigeon. I know that's what nature is and does, I love to see the animals, the predators in particular, I mean elk and bison are great to see, but bears and wolves... but I don't enjoy seeing what the carnivores do. Oh well, I can look the other way if don't want to watch.