New Photos: Yellowstone Winter 2020 Wildlife & Scenery

Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Max

New Photos: Yellowstone Winter 2020 Wildlife & Scenery

Post by Max »

I'm publishing two galleries of images from my January Yellowstone adventure, which was the best winter trip I've ever taken to the park. The first gallery is comprised of all the non-wolf shots, including a few landscapes mixed in with all the animal content.

You can see the full gallery of 167 here. A short preview is below.

As usual, ravens and bison were the most consistent subjects in winter.

I had my best otter encounter in a couple years (over an hour).

Winter is the only time of year I enjoy visiting Norris Geyser Basin. The thermophilic algae there really pops at this time of year.

We had some nice wildlife moments in the interior during my tour with all three canid species.

We saw 6-7 foxes one day from the snow coach, but this was the only one that got close.

As mentioned in my black and white article, I enjoyed working on abstracts on this trip.

One of the trip highlights definitely had to be our double weasel encounter. This one caught four voles in an hour!

Check out the full Yellowstone Winter 2020 Wildlife & Scenery gallery.

Max

billandkaren

Re: New Photos: Yellowstone Winter 2020 Wildlife & Scenery

Post by billandkaren »

Winter is the only time of year I enjoy visiting Norris Geyser Basin. The thermophilic algae there really pops at this time of year
I have not been a huge fan of Norris at least as compared to some other areas of the park. But your photos have me really wanting to visit in the winter!

Great shots. Thanks so much for sharing at a time when we could all use a little distration. The photos give us a bit of that sense of peace that only Yellowstone can give.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

Great shot of the otters and the weasel! Also love the bison formation.

JimO

Post by JimO »

Great shots!
Have cancelled our trip in late May due to travel concerns, so love to see the images from those that can get there.

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy »

Great photos! Thanks so much, as it reminds me of our trip (didn't see this variety, but still had a great trip) and of the incredible beauty and variety that is Yellowstone.

Had plans to go to Yellowstone in early May and early June, but not sure either will happen. Still holding out hope, but if not, then photos like these certainly help! Thanks again.

Max

Post by Max »

Thanks guys. I'm not too optimistic about May either.

Max

Nikon_nerd

Post by Nikon_nerd »

Great pictures (as always) ! Love the bison and weasel shots!

Thanks for sharing.

Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Max, once again I'm just stunned at your photos. Not just the skill to take the pictures, but the patience to wait and see what happens, then the ability to capture and frame it. I take a lot of pictures and people have said nice things about them, but I know I just have an eye for framing the shot and being in the right place, like Yellowstone, among other places. I take nice snapshots in other words. You sir, are a photographer, my complements.