Your Best of 2019

Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Max

Your Best of 2019

Post by Max »

It's time to share favorite images of the year. I'll have my own choices next week, but let's see what you've got. We can do a non-YS thread in the other forum as well.

Max

RikWriter

Re: Your Best of 2019

Post by RikWriter »

Only managed one trip last year, but these are the best shots from that trip:

Max

Post by Max »

I've seen worse poses out of a marten. That must've been awesome.

Max

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

Wow Rik! Those are superb. I was going to try and post something, but now I feel intimidated ;)

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

Here are a few of our favorites. We don't match the quality of the the others that get posted here, but they're ours and it brings back such good memories that we enjoy.

The fox was playing 'possum lying there so still I thought he was sick or dying. A ground squirrel nearby thought so too, a fatal mistake. Quick as a flash the fox jumped up and had the squirrel. The second photo is after the squirrel was buried for a later snack.

The grizzly sow, Felicia as she has been named, put on quite the show for us on the fence. This is just one of the many poses she gave over a period of several minutes.

I'm cheating on the otter photos as they are actually from 2018. But since I have just recently learned how to post pictures, I'm putting them on. We got to see the otter catch and consume a large trout at Trout Lake.

Karen took most of the photos using a hand-held Fuji or Nikon.

[imgImage2009_0101yelmay20190066 by William Reinke, on Flickr][/img]

[imgImage2009_0101yelmay20190071 by William Reinke, on Flickr][/img]

[imgImageDSC_0418 by William Reinke, on Flickr][/img]

[imgImageDSCN5577 by William Reinke, on Flickr][/img]

[imgImageDSCN5598 by William Reinke, on Flickr][/img]

[imgImageDSCF8700 by William Reinke, on Flickr][/img]

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

Wow, those are some excellent shots! I envy you the opportunity with the otter!

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

I envy you the opportunity with the otter!
Thanks Rik. Yeah, we were behind a tree but with a good view about 30 feet away and it just did its thing for close to an hour. Watched it swimming and diving before it caught a huge trout and proceeded to chow the whole thing down including the tail as the last piece. It also lapped up any pieces that had fallen in the grass or water. Then it scratched and groomed itself before rolling and covering itself in the grass on this narrow protrusion and curling up for a nap. Never had an experience like that with an otter.

Max

Post by Max »

I had three Yellowstone images make the cut this year. I'm going with this one as my favorite moment of the three, mainly because I had never seen these two species interacting before. It also helped the fawns were only a couple hours old, and I got to share the moment with my clients.

You can see my full Best of 2019 list here.

Max

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

Max,those are some great shots. I've always had a desire to take the hot air balloon ride but never had the courage. Glad you had a chance to do it.

I love the shot of the black wolf--those eyes!

Bill

sandwedge

Post by sandwedge »

A little late to the party, but I forgot my password and couldn't sign in for a good while. My trip in 2019 was special because I was able to take my teenage daughter for her first trip. It wasn't specifically a photography trip, but I still managed to get a few good shots.

1. We were welcomed at Mammoth by a raven enjoying his lunch:

2. Moonset on our first morning:

3. Juvenile Bald Eagle hanging out in a tree next to Lake Yellowstone. Although he was up in a tree, he was eye level with me and pretty close. He was kind enough to pose for quite a while:

4. One of my favorite Bison photos:

5. Just a Teton Moose:

6. I'm not much of an architecture photographer, but I'm including this here. If you ever have the opportunity to experience Old Faithful Inn in the middle of the night, when no other people are around, do it! I've had several amazing experiences in Yellowstone, and this one ranks right up there. It's a beautiful place during the day. It's amazing late at night. Did you know the clock actually makes the "tick tock" sound? It softly echoes through the lobby when there's no hustle and bustle going on.

Last edited by sandwedge on Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.