A few from June 2019

Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

TeeJay

A few from June 2019

Post by TeeJay »

Here are some pics from my June trip. I was using my Canon 60D (now retired) and my new (used) Canon 300mm f4 L IS lens for most of these shots. This is my first "L" lens and while I was still getting used to it, wow does it take great shots. Some shots were also taken with my wife's Canon T3i and her Sigma 18-250mm lens. I'd be happy to give the details of any of the shots.

ImageIMG_0237 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0294 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0332 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0324 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0558 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0652 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0681 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0824 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0971 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1373 by TeeJay, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1719 by TeeJay, on Flickr

Max

Re: A few from June 2019

Post by Max »

That's one handsome wolf... I assume a pup or a yearling? The proportions don't look filled out yet. It almost looks like a melanistic coyote. ;)

Max

TeeJay

Re: A few from June 2019

Post by TeeJay »

Max wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:18 pm
That's one handsome wolf... I assume a pup or a yearling? The proportions don't look filled out yet. It almost looks like a melanistic coyote. ;)

Max
That was one of the Junction Butte yearlings. We were on our way out of the park heading to Bozeman. We left from Cooke City and were driving along the NE Entrance road, and passed all of the watchers at the Picnic pullout. We decided to continue on as we had a great viewing experience the day before. As we were nearing Dorothy's pullout, a camper was stopped in the middle of the road, and I was going around him, he put his finger out the window and said "wolf!" I pulled into the pullout, dug out my binoculars and there she was walking along the beach of the Lamar. She was heading east, and then started heading right to the road.

We headed down to the institute and thought for sure she was going to cross the road, but instead she found a cached elk calf's head, picked it up and went back south. I did radio the sighting to Rick and he had someone come down. It was a great sighting with only a few of us there.