Big Boar Grizz - April 2022

Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Nikon_nerd

Big Boar Grizz - April 2022

Post by Nikon_nerd »

We've been to the park for many years, and typically we've only seen sows near the main park roads. Usually boars don't come near the roads unless it is mating season and a sow is present. This year we saw this lone boar hanging out near the road, a little north of Roaring Mountain, initially with no sow present. Obsidian did show up a few days later, and they grazed together for one evening. We thought they were going to be a pair, but a couple of days later we saw the boar solo again, and on several subsequent days also alone. Obsidian eventually hooked up with a different boar.

This boar has a collar on him. I've done the best I can to make it not visible, but the artifacts of the collar presence are there.

He also has a lot of battle scars on his face.

Let me know if you like the images. (It would be appreciated if a few people would leave a comment or two. It means a lot to me.)

All comments welcome. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks

Yes, I'm a Fat Boy!

Dorothy

Re: Big Boar Grizz - April 2022

Post by Dorothy »

Great photos! Some neat face shots. Also enjoyed the Obsidian sow photos. Thanks for sharing!

Kat

Post by Kat »

Thank you for posting the pictures of this brute. You certainly have a great lens to get such detailed shots! I never cease to be amazed by the length of grizzly claws.

Nikon_nerd

Post by Nikon_nerd »

Dorothy wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:36 pm
Great photos! Some neat face shots. Also enjoyed the Obsidian sow photos. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for your kind words Dorothy!
Kat wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:12 pm
Thank you for posting the pictures of this brute. You certainly have a great lens to get such detailed shots! I never cease to be amazed by the length of grizzly claws.
Thank you Kat! Yeah, they can really do some serious digging with those claws! Glad they're not digging in my front lawn. :lol:

karenandbill

Post by karenandbill »

Wow, great shots! Don't you just love those claws? He looks to be quite old to me, reminds me a little bit of Scarface in his later years. Thanks for posting. You and Rik get such great photos.

--Bill

Nikon_nerd

Post by Nikon_nerd »

karenandbill wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:01 pm
Wow, great shots! Don't you just love those claws? He looks to be quite old to me, reminds me a little bit of Scarface in his later years. Thanks for posting. You and Rik get such great photos.

--Bill
Thank you for your kind words Bill! Yeah, this guy has definitely survived a few battles during his life. He has the big scar on his muzzle, one of his ears is chewed up, and he had a massive scar on his left cheek (I tried to cover it up in most of the images).

Alicia

Post by Alicia »

He's handsome despite his scar. Great pics! Very crisp.

Nikon_nerd

Post by Nikon_nerd »

Alicia wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:26 pm
He's handsome despite his scar. Great pics! Very crisp.
Yes he is! Thanks !