May 18 through 28th

Want to know more in-depth about the Park? This is the forum for you.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

smiley

May 18 through 28th

Post by smiley »

Greetings,
We had reservations all set and had planned 3 nights (May 18,19,20 at Mammoth, then 2 nights, (May 21 & 22) at Lake Cabins, then 4 nights at Signal Mtn. We are just now finding that Lake will not open now until the end of May (28th). So it appears we need lodging now for May 21 & 22. Our strategy was northern part of the park first three days , then Hayden and Lake area two nights and then Tetons. Canyon for lodging would be closest if we could get in there but thought I would ask for any suggestions on places to stay or a change in our strategy. We have always stayed in the park but never this early.

Thanks
Mark

RikWriter

Re: May 18 through 28th

Post by RikWriter »

Maybe try the Pahaska Tepee or one of the other resorts out the East Entrance.

karenandbill

Post by karenandbill »

I think finding anything in YS is going to be tough at this late date. So if you want to be in the park, I'd grab anything I could get. There is lodging available in Cooke City or West Yellowstone which is just outside the park.

--Bill

smiley

Post by smiley »

Thanks for your responses, Some changes were to be expected I suppose. Hopefully there won't be more changes to our other locations.
Thanks Mark

sandwedge

Post by sandwedge »

I just went through the same thing, as my reservations at Old Faithful Inn (May 17-18) and Mammoth Cabins (May 19-22) got cancelled. I found a reasonable place in West Yellowstone for the 17-19th, and since I was already planning on camping the next week, I just moved those reservations up a few days (Madison). I was really looking forward to staying at the Inn on my birthday (18th), but it's not the end of the world - I'll be in Yellowstone!