Three Short Trips: China, Manitoba, Oregon

There is only one Wonderland, but let's also talk about and share photos of other national parks.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Max

Three Short Trips: China, Manitoba, Oregon

Post by Max »

I've published photos from three recent short trips: China (November), Manitoba (February), and southern Oregon (February). All of these involved only 3-4 day stays, and none of them were really photo-heavy for different reasons... don't worry, my Yellowstone winter trip in January made up for the dearth of photo ops.

I went to China for a nature photography exhibition in Sanmenxia. With only three days on the ground, I didn't expect to do any serious photography, instead borrowing a Nikon body and lens to shoot some snapshots during the cultural excursions we took.

You can see the small gallery of China images here.

In early February I traveled to Manitoba to try and find my first Canada lynx. Well, I found it (and four more lynx!), but none of the photo ops were great. Still, it was a real thrill finding this cat on foot. And we saw a couple other species...

Spruce Grouse

Great Gray Owl

See the small gallery of Manitoba images here.

Two weeks ago I traveled to the Lower Klamath Basin in southern Oregon to take part in the 41st annual Winter Wings Festival. I gave a talk and led some field trips, so my cameras didn't get much work in the short time I was there. There were a few photo ops, however.

Merlin

A Red-winged Blackbird flock with a leucistic individual (seen in the background).

Bald Eagle with Mt. Shasta

See the small gallery from this trip.

Max

billandkaren

Re: Three Short Trips: China, Manitoba, Oregon

Post by billandkaren »

Max, So cool you got to see the lynx. Those are some really great shots! I also like the bald eagle with Mt. Shasta in the background. And the GGO's are always a hit. Thanks for sharing.

--Bill