Great Bear Rainforest 2019

There is only one Wonderland, but let's also talk about and share photos of other national parks.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Max

Great Bear Rainforest 2019

Post by Max »

I finally got images from my last tour of the year online. In this case, it was my September Great Bear Rainforest tour. For those not familiar with the Great Bear, it's a region of coastal British Columbia that is most famous as the primary home of the spirit bear. But there are black bears, grizzlies and loads of other wildlife... combined with some spectacular scenery.

For this tour we live on a boat for a week-and-a-half and cruise around the islands and inlets looking for wildlife. It's a very fun trip.

See the full gallery of 100 new photos from this trip here. A short preview is below.

A chubby black bear heading back to a creek for more salmon.

Juvenile Bald Eagle taking off in the rainforest.

Bonaparte's Gull

A male grizzly bear that went exactly where we asked.

...and then decided to rest for a bit in the water.

American mink

The spirit bear!

See the full Great Bear Rainforest 2019 gallery.

Max

billandkaren

Re: Great Bear Rainforest 2019

Post by billandkaren »

Looks like it was a fantastic trip with lots of great shots. The spirit bear is awesome!

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy »

What incredible photos. I've heard about the spirit bear before but never knew that there was a preserve, especially one with so much other wildlife as well. This looks like a fantastic place, and you got spectacular shots. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to go there, too! :)

Max

Post by Max »

Thanks guys, and Happy New Year!

Max