San Juan Foxes 2019

There is only one Wonderland, but let's also talk about and share photos of other national parks.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Max

San Juan Foxes 2019

Post by Max »

In June I led a couple of short photo trips to Washington's San Juan Islands, where we photographed the resident red foxes (along with some other wildlife). It was incredibly fruitful, and in five days I ended up taking more photos than I've taken on any other trip other than Tanzania this year.

The tours coincide with the late denning season, when the fox kits are just old enough to roam about, exploring away from the den, while still relying on adults to bring them food. There was so much playful interaction among the kits, but we also witnessed other interesting behavior, including begging (and even fighting) for food, and on a couple occasions Bald Eagles would swoop in to try and steal food from the kits.

You can see the full fox gallery in my website's stock archive here. I've added a few extra wildlife images to my ongoing PNW 2019 gallery as well.

View the full 2019 Fox gallery here.

Max

RikWriter

Re: San Juan Foxes 2019

Post by RikWriter »

Wow, those are some incredible shots. The lighting is just awesome.

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

Stunning shots, Max! Absolutely, impeccable and the lighting was scrumptious! :)

Max

Post by Max »

Thanks guys.

Max

bsinc1962

Post by bsinc1962 »

Fantastic work Max.