Patagonia 2019 Puma Photos

There is only one Wonderland, but let's also talk about and share photos of other national parks.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Max

Patagonia 2019 Puma Photos

Post by Max »

I've published my puma photos from May's tour in southern Chile. Once again, we had numerous memorable sightings, highlighted by multiple encounters with four tiny cubs (4-5 weeks old) and their mother.

You can check out the full gallery here. A short preview is below.

Our first encounter with mom and her cub foursome. We actually saw different females with one, two, three and four cubs of various ages on this tour.

A young female that I last saw as a seven-month-old cub during my last tour. Now independent, she was blind in one eye but was doing well for herself.

We had a couple different photo ops with the small cubs. On this evening they came in to check out a carcass a mere 25 yards from us... without mom!

A mother with three yearling cubs had made a kill right next to the road in the park. We'd see them over the course of the final three days of the trip. Hard to believe the carcass lasted these big cats that long.

A couple views from our second long encounter with the foursome. This was also right near the road inside the national park (where you can't venture away from the road or off-trail).

Mom finally made an appearance and walked within 15 yards of me.

A young female chasing after a swan.

A bit wet after a failed hunt.

See the full Patagonia 2019 Pumas gallery of 98 new photos. There's a lot more good stuff in there.

Max

RikWriter

Re: Patagonia 2019 Puma Photos

Post by RikWriter »

Amazing shots Max!

Winona

Re: Patagonia 2019 Puma Photos

Post by Winona »

Great photos! Thanks for posting these.