Tanzania 2019 Wildlife & Scenery

There is only one Wonderland, but let's also talk about and share photos of other national parks.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Max

Tanzania 2019 Wildlife & Scenery

Post by Max »

I've published the full collection of photos from my February Tanzania trip. I split them into two galleries: birds (which I shared previously) and wildlife/scenery. Here's a preview of the latter. You can check out the full gallery of 200+ photos here.

Mantled guerezas, Arusha National Park

Bat-eared fox at sunrise, Ndutu

Hippos, Serengeti

Leopard, Serengeti

Cheetah chasing wildebeest in the Serengeti. The hunt failed.

Blue wildebeest giving birth on the plains of Ndutu.

Plains zebra transporting Wattled starlings

Nairobi grass rat and Superb starling

A zebra foal flees a pursuing lion. I shared the full chase sequence featuring a compilation of photos from our tour group here.

Lion pride fighting an interloper... you can see the full fight and chase from start to finish in my photo gallery.

Wildebeest at sunrise, perhaps the best African sunrise shoot I've ever had.

See the full Tanzania 2019 Wildlife & Scenery gallery.

Max

yellvet

Re: Tanzania 2019 Wildlife & Scenery

Post by yellvet »

Stunning pix, Max! And the circumstances/story behind each pic was superb. Thanks for posting your report! I really enjoyed it. :)

Arted

Post by Arted »

Max- Amazing photos! I’m hoping to go to Africa sometime this year, however I am overwhelmed by the number of location choices. It’s my first trip, so naturally I want to see the big 5.......but seeing any animals at all would be a big thrill! Did you organize your own trip, or was this tour through a safari company? Can you recommend anyone? I would prefer a private tour (2 of us with driver/guide), all meals provided, lodges or permanent tented camps. Thanks!

Max

Post by Max »

Arted, I just saw your response. Sorry... I've been pretty busy wrapping up other tours.

When I lead trips to Africa, I work with an overseas partner who handles a lot of the logistics, provides local guiding (when necessary), and other arrangements. But in some places you can organize your own self-driving trip. There are loads of possibilities. It may be best for you to contact me via email so I can answer your questions in more depth.

Max