Opinions about PBase, please

There is only one Wonderland, but let's also talk about and share photos of other national parks.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

yellvet

Opinions about PBase, please

Post by yellvet »

I've had it with Flickr! I've been a loyal Flickr member for 9+ years and have over 2300 images posted. I've been trying to sign into my account for close to a week now but Yahoo won't acknowledge me or allow me to sign in or restore my account. This isn't the first time that this has happened so I've decided to say adios to Flickr for good and go some place else for posting my images. Is PBase worth considering? Is it EZ to load and post images so I can share them with other Y-Net members and the public at large? I'm most concerned about my extensive wildflower database which is currently posted on Flickr. It took me over 8 years to compile, edit and post all those images and I sure would hate to lose all that information. So I've been thinking of leaving the wildflower database on Flickr, as is, and just sign up for a new account on PBase for any future images that I might like to post online or post to other websites (ie: Yellowstone Net Forums). For those of you who are using PBase, how do you like it? Is it EZ to use and is the company responsive to users? I know that some of you are PBase users, so your input and feedback would greatly be appreciated. Many thanks for your help! :)

RikWriter

Re: Opinions about PBase, please

Post by RikWriter »

I've used it for years and never had any problems.

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

Rik, thanks for posting. I thought you were using PBase but thought I'd check with everyone to get their feedback on the company. How interesting that the minute I made my post here, Yahoo, magically accepted me and gave me access to my account. Blessings to one and all! The thought of having to replicate my entire wildflower database at another site, was more than I could handle ...almost had me reaching for a shot of Jack Daniels for some badly needed comfort. :lol: Glad I didn't have to resort to that. One drink and I'd be dancing on my computer table and singing the blues.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

Well, Pbase is like $20 a year, but it's great to link to, you never run into bandwidth problems. Posting mass images can be complicated; I usually just post one at a time. You have to use a Zip file to post mass images all at once.